So, after trying all weekend to get my wips under submission, I have come to realize something:
I lost a pregnancy and a grandparent in the last month, plus,
I have a really hard time focussing on any one project in the best of times, let alone in a difficult time (such as this), plus,
I am more than halfway done with my checklist. Therefore,
I think that I have done pretty well with this little challenge and I hereby declare myself free to cast on something new! (insert crowd cheering sound effect here)
While, I didn’t quite complete the entire challenge, I did cut down from nine wips to five and made great progress (at least one ball) on most of those five. Besides, when the stash starts sending SOS signals, you know it is time to cast on a new project! But, not before I revel for a moment in the satisfaction of finishing some of those goals.
1. Work one skein of yarn on each of the three large projects - I worked two skeins on one, one skein on the second, and didn’t even look at the third (which ended up being put into hibernation on Ravelry to make me feel better. I don’t know if it is working…).
2. Frog the junk - check. I even found and frogged two other projects that I hadn’t even counted!
3. Finish the little gifts – Oh, I have plenty of time.
4. Decide whether or not to finish Icarus - frogged. See #2
5. And, finally, get Celandine to mundane mode – I did three more medalions. Not quite there, but some progress was made. Plus, I sewed together the medalions that were finished and blocked.
Ahhhhhh. That feels better.