The Year of the Sweater is over. So, what will this next year be? Are you ready for a doosie?
First, a quick recap. For the year 2010, I set out to knit seven sweaters for myself. I finished five, one is still in the WIP basket, and one never got cast on. But, to be fair, my knitting year ended up getting cut short in October, when morning sickness took over. So, I consider it a success. Moving on.
This last year was also the year of the yarn shopping splurge. Taking part in the Eat, Sleep, Knit Yarnathon found me buying more yarn than I could use, and spending more money than I should have. So, to regain my husbands confidence in me in the financial department, and to test my self control, this year with be the Year of the Stash. Here are my rules:
1. I will knit only with yarn from the stash.
2. I will not purchase any yarn until 2012.
3. Yarn given to me throughout the year counts as yarn in the stash and can be knit up. I can also use store credit (I have a little left), but only if needed.
And, to make it more feasible, there are two exceptions:
1. If, when planning Christmas gifts, I cannot find the right yarn for the gift in my stash, I may buy the yarn required.
2. If, by some amazing knitterly feat, I knit every yard of yarn in the stash, I may purchase more yarn. BUT, only enough for one project at a time.
Anyone want to join me?
Let the Year of the Stash begin! And to kick it off, I guess I better toss the stash and see what is there.
And, there is this. A Christmas gift from my sister – a basket of wool and chocolate. Purple wool, even. Boy, does she know me, or what?
Now, in the interest of honesty, knowing that I was going to make this resolution, I did make another purchase. Okay, okay. Two other purchases. Neither have arrived in the mail, but when they come, I will show you. The first is from Knit Picks and is for the stockings that I have to finish this year and some baby things I want to knit before June. The second, well, that is another ESK order, this one putting me over the 35K milestone. Yeah, I know. I am bad. But that is why this new year is going to be so good!
Happy New Year, Everyone!