Since I have a lot of ideas, but none of them interesting or long enough to blog about, I will just list them in no particular order.
1. Do you ever look at one of your kids and realize (in a sudden and jarring moment) that he/she is growing up too fast? I did that yesterday with my Beka. She just lost her first two teeth this week. Where did her baby cheeks go? When did her hair get so long and full? This mother-of-young-children thing is going waaaaaaaaay too fast.
2. I knit the collar onto Mermaid, tried it on and wanted to weep. Weep for happiness that this genius collar design looks so good. Weep for frustration when I realized that my torso is about 5 inches longer than I seemingly believed. Ripped back lower edge and resumed knitting. (At least this means I didn’t have to start the sleeves yet. I don’t know why, but I hate knitting sleeves.)
3. It is hard to find good, wholesome, interesting books for my enthusiastic readers. I found a gem recently that I just must share. “The Melendy Quartet” is a lovely four book series that we are enjoying very much. We read a chapter a night, and have been doing so for all the kids lives…. That is over 3000 nights! We have read the greats several times through – Little House on the Prairie books, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. This little series goes into that category. We will definitely be reading it through again.
4. Four years ago we moved into a barn on my grandparents land. Since then, we have been slowly turning it into a house. The big deal, so far, has been that the stairs to get to the second floor are outside. Inconvenient, you think? Well, yesterday, my wonderful, fabulous, awesome husband cut the hole in the ceiling where the inside stairs will be. I am a happy woman!
5. Because my husband has Mondays off, Tuesday is our Monday. So, I am about to start my week. Wish me luck. Hope yours is great too. 🙂